Monday, 9 July 2007

uHuman-soft Metacity theme

This is my first Linux project. I like default Ubuntu theme called Human, but always thought it would be even nicer if I were able to choose my own colours. So after learning about creating metacity and GTK themes I started to play with the theme called "ish" by bvc (http://www.guistyles.com/gnome-styles/). Then I compared my results with the default Ubuntu theme and found that the latest takes three times less to be rendered. So I abandoned it and began modifications of Human. The main differences are:
1. customizable colours
2. minimize, maximize and close icons
3. another way of painting window titles
Here is the screenshot:



The default colour is soft green, but you can change it to anything you like by selecting the "Selected Item" colour in the Themes Customization menu (System - Preferences - Theme - Customize - Colors)
Credits: bvc - close, minimize, maximize and unmaximize icons;
Daniel Borgmann, Billy Cantrell, Richard Stellingwerff - original Human theme files.

Download from here.

How to install a Desktop theme.

No comments: